Yeah! finally time to blog. No distractions! okay, backing up a couple of days...
We were at the Youth Camp this past weekend. The amazing part about the whole thing is that we didn't organize it! I was in charge of cooking and one class for girls. The rest was NOT UP TO ME! I have probably organized more than 12 years of camps, so it was wonderful being on the following side.
The cooking part, for me, is always an exciting challenge. I love it. There were about 60 people there and my sister in law from San Pedro came with her son, so she helped me. I went and bought alot of the ingredients early so I had the meat all cut up and some other things already organized. I also took a nifty, coffee maker that my mom gave me for fresh brewed coffee in the morning.
We left Edson, for the first time in his life, with someone other than us. Rosa loved showering him with attention and taking care of him, but when he saw Brandon on Sunday night, he DID NOT want to go back with Rosa. He came back home all in one piece with no scratches or bruises so I guess I can "loan" him to Rosa another weekend. He went to church and the whole time was saying "mamá" "papá". He probably felt like...how weird, mom and dad are not at church.
My class was about finding our true love in Christ. Our first assignment was to write "love letters". That part was amazing! Just imagine a whole roomfull of girls ages 13-20, they are VERY romantic. Then, we talked about what the Bible says love is and isn't. Finally, we talked about how Christ can fill up our love tanks with his perfect love.
Even in through the rain, everyone had a great time!
3 comments:
Your class sounds like it would've been a GREAT one for females of any age!
I'm going to write Him a love letter, tonight! I need to remind us both how precious the Lord is to me.
¨The cooking part, for me, is always an exciting challenge. I love it.¨
---We definately loved it, too. Campamento food so good we´ll never forget...
Post a Comment