Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pray for Paraguay!

Yesterday's news...in FoxNews Latino. Lots of people are getting sick with Dengue. The eight year old that died on Saturday night lived 5 miles from us and her family was a friend to our relatives in Ñemby. She started getting flu like symptoms Saturday afternoon and just started getting worse and worse. When they took her to the hospital she had internal bleeding and soon after, died.
Pray for my family, the school kids and teachers. Lots of people are complaining about stomach aches and lots of kids are absent from school.
Some people are cancelling trips to Paraguay because of the dengue epidemic!
PRAY!

5 comments:

heidiannie said...

I'm praying.
We're praying.
Thanks for reminding us of the need to continue in prayer.
Love you, Karen.

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying! For your family, your friends, your neighbors, your school, that it will turn cold enough to kill the mosquitos soon, etc.
Is there any kind of remedy? Any meds to keep from getting it?

Karen said...

there is nothing you can take except Ibuprophen...but, Roger told me of a home remedy...blend up papaya leaves with water, strain it and then drink it. He says it is super bitter, but it highers your red blood platelets or something like that.
I think I'll try it.

Lillian said...

Praying here too. Thanks for letting us know. Lilly

Pauser said...

Praying. I remember when I went to Argentina from Paraguay and they had dengue over there. My family in Argentina were very nervous that I would get it while visiting.