
Last weekend we were in San Pedro for Oscar's nieces 15th birthday party. The uncles butchered a cow. I made the bread and milanesas (500 milanesas!) These are pictures of baking bread San Pedro Style. No trays...we use banana leaves and bake them in a tatakua...a brick oven.
4 comments:
You should make this a "scratch and sniff" column!
Does that ever look good! It reminds me of the sights and sounds around the outdoor oven and butchering the pig when I was there! Any milanesas left? I doubt it! And I do hope you had some help with making all of that!
You stirred up my memories!!
500 milanesas? That is incredible. You are incredible. What a blessing you are to the family! Lilly
I wish I could bake in banana leaves and a brick oven! I have thin bricks I lay in the bottom of my oven- but it is not the same.
These are the BEST rolls ever ... especially when they come out hot from the oven! YUM!
I agree w/Mom. Somehow there should be a scratch and sniff feature on here!
Also, I've been wondering if you would know how to cook and bake for just a small family anymore? Somehow, I don't think so.
Post a Comment